First Responder Resources
Online Learning for Firefighters
Cancer is the leading cause of death in the fire service. We’re helping firefighters across the country beat cancer with our FREE, easy and life-saving 3 Steps Detect Online Learning program.
Spread the Word
Help us share the news about this FREE, easy, and life-saving training using our digital resources.
Promotional Materials for Your Fire House
Download and Print Poster to Promote Online Learning in Your Fire House (Male)
Download and Print Poster to Promote Online Learning in Your Fire House (Female)
Download and Print Promotional Flyer for Online Learning Program
Additional Resources for Firefighters
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network (FCSN) Online Learning Program
- Your Patient Is a Firefighter
- Letter from Dr. Michael Hamrock-Recommended Firefighter Physical Exam and Screening Tests
- Cancer Toolkit
- Family History Worksheet
- “Don’t Be Me” Letter
- Dear Physician cards
Firefighters can use this wallet-sized card to inform their physicians of their cancer risk.
To order, click the links below to download the front- and back-side pdf files to your computer. These files can be uploaded and printed on demand via an online print vendor like UPrinting. (Recommended printer specifications: size: 2×3.5″ , paper type: 16 pt cardstock matte, printed side: front and back.) It is best to order in large quantities for better cost savings.
- No Gear poster
Gear can be contaminated with cancer-causing particles from the fireground. Download & print this 8.5 x 11″ poster and place it at the entrance to your station’s living quarters to remind your crew to leave the gear where it belongs – NOT where you eat and sleep!
- Science to the Station, a community of scientists and fire professionals dedicated to providing critical information to improve the safety and health of firefighters and first responders.
- University of Notre Dame Study, funded by the Last Call Foundation
- Lavender Ribbon Report
- Reduce Your Risk by FDNY
- Taking Action Against Cancer in the Fire Service
- Sign up for National Firefighter Registry
- Cancer Rates in Children of Kitsap County Firefighters
- Firefighter Chemical Absorption
- The Clinical and Economic Impact of the Early Detection and Diagnosis of Cancer (DetecTogether scholarly article)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Studies
- Mortality and cancer incidence in a pooled cohort of US firefighters from San Francisco, Chicago and Philadelphia (1950− 2009)
- Cancer incidence among male Massachusetts firefighters, 1987-2003
- Mortality in Florida professional firefighters, 1972 to 1999
- Cancer Risk Among Firefighters: A Review and Meta-analysis of 32 Studies