Are you an athlete who wants to make that run really count? Do you want to cross the finish line proud of completing the race and helping to save and improve lives? We’re looking for athletes of all abilities and experience to join Team DetecTogether, athletes who are passionate about their sport and about our mission.
Since 2012, Team DetecTogether charity athletes have raised nearly $600,000 for early cancer detection. Just as important as the dollars raised is the awareness Team DetecTogether brings to our lifesaving work.
Become a DetecTogether Charity Athlete
Opportunities to join Team DetecTogether range from elite races to fundraising events at your local gym. Every athlete is important, and every effort helps us empower others to take charge:
- Boston Marathon®—Our charity athletes run the famed Boston Marathon to bring awareness to the work of DetecTogether. Among them are cancer survivors, family, and friends. To date, they have raised more than $277,000 for early cancer detection.
- ASICS Falmouth Road Race—The New Balance Falmouth Road Race is a 7-mile race on an iconic seaside course. DetecTogether charity athletes, both elite and recreational runners, join in this Cape Cod summer tradition, raising awareness and funds for early cancer detection.
- TCS New York City Marathon®—The TCS New York City Marathon, an annual race that courses through the five boroughs of NYC, is the largest marathon in the world. Our charity athletes join the nearly 54,000 runners to support DetecTogether and early cancer detection.
- Create Your Own—Plan your own athletic challenge and create your own fundraiser. It doesn’t have to be running! Set up a bootcamp, spin group, or anything that gets you going! We can help by providing you with a platform and the tools you need to set up your peer-to-peer fundraiser.
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Bib)—You choose the race, register, and choose your own fundraising goal with no minimum. Family and friends want to support you! Let us know, and we will set up a fundraising page for you.
With questions or for more information, please contact our Donor Services Manager at DonorServices@detectogether.org or 508-713-0652.